Translate

Friday, June 22, 2007

Bible Bowl

Who says Orthodox are sticks in the mud? Who says Orthodox are not people of the Word? I recently attended the Southwest Diocese Antiochian Orthodox Conference in Orlando, Florida. I participated in the rambunctious, competitive, high spirited, Holy Spirited, Bible Bowl. The contest to test knowledge of the book of Luke revealed to me how little I know and how I need to become a serious student of the Scriptures once again. One little Bible BA degree does not a scholar make. One of the Youth teams out scored all of the other contestants including the adult teams! The photo is of me and my fellow team members. We scored a sad 80. Though we were not the lowest scoring team, the highest adult team scored 93. Granted, some of the questions were obscure facts, but nothing that a true familiarization with the text wouldn't have helped with. Next year in North Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to JTO. Feel free to comment. All comments are screened prior to posting. Comments containing ad hominems will be deleted.