Translate

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength!

I was in Tupelo Mississippi last week on business. To get there from Nashville, I took the Natchez Trace, a 444 mile historic road stretching from Nashville, Tennessee to Natchez. Mississippi. My trip from Brentwood, Tennessee to Tupelo, Mississippi, was 182 miles of the most peaceful, scenic, perfectly paved and manicured roads I have ever experienced. My drive home was particularly meaningful. I think in all of the hustle and bustle, the interpersonal conflicts and questions, the arguments and endeavors involved in making my way to the Orthodox faith, I forgot, momentarily, that the world is a beautiful place full of God's grace and joy. I had a 3 1/2 hour euphorically peaceful time. I remembered that the peace of the Lord is as near as is our breath. I returned from my business trip refreshed, full of joy and strength unlike I  have experienced in a long, long, time. It is true that The joy of the Lord is my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to JTO. Feel free to comment. All comments are screened prior to posting. Comments containing ad hominems will be deleted.