Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Be Abased

I received the counsel of a priest this week. In confession, he told me to BE ABASED. The Lord also told me NOT to seek justice but to seek righteousness. I have repented. I am forgiven. But I must now make amends for my acts of pride.

Here is the standard of God for me and for all who would walk in the Glory of God.

"In all things and at all times be abased
Seek Righteousness not Justice."

Definition of ABASE
1. archaic : to lower physically
2. : to lower in rank, office, prestige, or esteem

                                                                                                                Keirkegaard

Philippians 4:12-13
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The great dichotomy: To be strong you must become weak.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to JTO. Feel free to comment. All comments are screened prior to posting. Comments containing ad hominems will be deleted.