Translate

Sunday, May 04, 2008

"The Down Slope Home" Letters From A Soldier

Number five in a series of letters from SGT Daniel Nuoffer

Mr Lewis
I had some time to burn before I had to go back to work, and I was playing around on the Internet. I went to your web page and saw where you have another grandchild. Congratulations I am so happy for you and your family. You looked so happy in the pictures. I hope all is well and that you and your family are as happy as you seem.

I am on the down word slope home. I am about 3 weeks out from my fly date. We have been working nonstop to get this new unit ready to take over the duties and responsibility's of this mission. It has been a bumpy ride. I have had to put myself in harms was more then once to keep these guys from getting hurt. But they lack experience here. And that is enough to get you hurt. There is hope they are learning and it will come. I will keep praying for them and they will make it.
God bless you sir. I will keep you in my prayers and lift you up to the father.

Sgt Nuoffer

Note: Sgt Daniel Nuoffer is on his second tour in Iraq. His duty is to command the lead gunnery vehicle that guides our troops in convoy down treacherous roads from Kuwait into Bagdad. He will be gone for 15 months. His new wife awaits his safe return as do we all. Send him your love and support. You may e-mail him at chemicalninja@yahoo.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to JTO. Feel free to comment. All comments are screened prior to posting. Comments containing ad hominems will be deleted.