Translate

Thursday, May 03, 2007

A New Man, A New Name, An Old Faith


Journey To Orthodoxy says, "Welcome Home" to Denzil Roland and his family who were chrismated into the One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church last night in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Father Joseph Bittle of Holy Trinity in Little Rock, administered the sacrament under the the Bishopry of Bishop Antoun, using the Byzantine Rite. Denzil took the name, John, at his chrismation. The newly chrismated, John, continues to lead his church into the Orthodox faith. The former ICCEC church congregation will be chrismated soon. May the Holy Trinity continue to bless and prosper the work of their hands.


Addendum: The former Father Denny is now Deacon John. He was ordained to the Orthodox deaconate on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:13 AM

    To my dear friend...who has two first names as well...I say...

    CHRIST IS RISEN!!

    Please extend my prayerful AXIOS! to Fr. Dn. John, how glorious! I know that this is something that you had anitcipated with joy. These are precious moments.

    Our family is spending this summer in Louisville, KY so if you're out and about with the Queen and the 5 princesses...then please stop by!!! (we have DAILY services!!)

    Your servant in Christ,

    Fr. David M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Sad to see another deceived soul on his way to a judgement. Jesus said to the Jew's except you believe that I AM HE you will die in your sins. They rejected His claims as do the Church you have decided to put your soul into. You my decived frind will also die in your sins if the Son does reveal to you the Father. I really feel sad for you...no way to change after you leave this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous,
    I refer you to my article "Drive By Bloggers". It may help you understand why your contribution to this site has little merit to its readers. It seems you lack the confidence in your own stance and indeed may even be too ashamed at your own unreasoned assertions to post your name for discussion or response. Orthodox do believe "I Am He." Your post suggests that you have been the recipient of erroneous information concerning Orthodox doctrine. If you are truly concerned for my soul and aren't just given to condemning and running, you have my attention. Please tell me why you believe I am bound for hell. If you don't care to dialog for the sake of my soul then your motives are suspect. PS.
    It is "deceived" not "decived", it is "friend" not "frind", and do you really believe your own statement, "You my decived frind will also die in your sins if the Son does reveal to you the Father"?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to JTO. Feel free to comment. All comments are screened prior to posting. Comments containing ad hominems will be deleted.