"do you know that a little leaven leavens the whole loaf?
- to admonish sinners
- to instruct the ignorant
- to counsel the doubtful
- to comfort the sorrowful
- to suffer wrongs patiently
- to forgive injuries
- by counsel (giving advice opposed to the Church and the Holy Scriptures)
- by command (using authority to compel someone to act opposed to the Church and Holy Scripture)
- by consent (giving one permission to act opposed to the Church and Holy Scriptures)
- by provocation (influencing or pressuring someone to sin by your speech or action)
- by praise or flattery (giving warm approval, admiration, and excessive, insincere praise of a person who has sinned, especially to further one's own interests)
- by concealment (hiding another's sin or preventing it from being known)
- by partaking (joining in the sinful act of another)
- by silence (avoiding talking about or mentioned another's sin)
- by defense of the sin committed (the action of defending from or resisting attack. by rebutting or denying that a sin is a sin against the Church and Holy Scripture
"For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person."
15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.