Translate

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

How Can Jesus BE God If He HAS a God?

...and, no, you can't say "it is just Jesus' human nature talking", because your own Council of Chalcedon established that Jesus' two (proposed) natures could not be divided.

"...be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Matt. 27:46

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" (that is, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?")

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" (which is translated, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?")

John 20:17

Jesus said to her, "Do not touch me, because I have not yet gone up to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am going up to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.' "

Romans 15:6

So that in one accord you can, with one mouth, glorify the God and Father *of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(*of: indicating an association between two entities, typically one of belonging.) 

2 Cor. 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort.

2 Cor. 11:31

The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, he who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.

Eph. 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in union with Christ with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places.

Eph. 1:17

That the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, will give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.

Heb. 1:9

You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness rather than your companions.

1 Pet. 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy has given us new birth to a living hope by means of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from among the dead.

Rev. 1:6

And has made us to be a kingdom, as priests to his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen

Rev. 3:2

Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die, for I have not found your works completed in the sight of my God.

Rev. 3:12

Whoever overcomes, I will make a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and he will absolutely not go out from there anymore, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God (the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God), and my own new name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to JTO. Feel free to comment. All comments are screened prior to posting. Comments containing ad hominems will be deleted.