Translate

Monday, November 12, 2007

Sometimes It Helps To Seek Help

This post appears on "Stranger In Love" BLOG. It is from a fellow Journeyer and friend. His honesty is refreshing and his endeavor real. It is inspiring.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I had a good day today. I got to see a friend today that I consider to be a spiritual guide of sorts. Some background info. He was a former Baptist preacher that has now come to the side of good and is involved with the Eastern Orthodoxy. We have had some fantastic discussions when it comes to spirituality and religion and God.


My faith in God, or more so the belief in God was never suspect, but my belief and faith in religion has wained. Wained so that I have left the church, and although I do tell other that I am catholic I am not affiliated with any church.

After talking and reading his blog over the last few months, the Orthodoxy religion has taken a hold of me. The doctrine, the belief and the whole idea draws me back to religion.

So I talked to him today, about my issues and finally, I broke down and cry. Not a single tear, but a deluge of tears. I sometimes forget that I am human and there is no shame to cry.

He said I need to become one with God, to submit to his power, to allow myself to have him, 100 percent in my life. I needed to build a framework and start really having a relationship with God.

As we were talking, this song from U2...one started playing. It was like it was scripted in a film.

I went to my moms home and talked with her. Not even looking, I saw my old prayer book from high school.

I know that now, now that I am submitting my life and taking this journey together with the woman I love, all will be good.

U2-One

Is it getting better
Or do you feel the same
Will it make it easier on you now
You got someone to blame
You say...

One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's...

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One...

Have you come here for forgiveness
Have you come to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much
More than a lot
You gave me nothing
Now it's all I got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

One...life

One

JF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to JTO. Feel free to comment. All comments are screened prior to posting. Comments containing ad hominems will be deleted.